Hays Pharma have been retained to assist a global CRO hire an Executive Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research who will be in charge of building a brand new offering in HEOR for the business.
There is no limit to the growth of the business or the amount of hires the Executive Director could be responsible for, as long as the business can support it.
This is a strategically critical business unit so finding the key person with a high level of HEOR skills is imperative. Initially the new hire may also need to be hands-on and be able to pitch in to complete projects. This will last as long as it takes to build a strong Health Economics team who can take on this work. This is not a role for someone who is not interested in rolling-up their sleeves and getting involved.
The HEOR Practice will very much be its own stand alone practice, supporting the rest of the Phase IV business unit as well as the earlier stage business units, without ever being fully assimilated in. It is their belief that a strong separate HEOR Practice is more beneficial to the company and to their clients than other CROs which allow it to be absorbed and seen as a Clinical Research function.
Technical skills are a given in this role but so is Practice Management
as this role will also involve some responsibility for Business Development
and Practice Development
. The role has been described as one third building the practice, one third technical work and supervision of what the team is carrying out, and one third Executive Administration
The work the Global Health Economics Practice currently undertakes is 85% based in North America and Europe and, thus, someone who has an understanding of these markets as well as the experience of building a practice, is needed. Other areas covered are Asia Pacific and Latin America. Therefore the role could be based in the US or Europe.
- Develop strategic program plans and tactical execution plans for all HEOR programs, including standalone projects (economic analyses, models, dossier preparation, cost-effectiveness studies, quality of life studies) and the HEOR component of pre-and post-approval prospective and retrospective studies both globally and in key local markets
- Establish divisional processes and nurture collaborative teamwork for study teams
- Build and oversee an appropriately-sized HEOR staff, while considering additional resources available through collaborations with external business partners
- Provide direction to Phase IV and other departmental staff on projects involving HEOR measures including supervising, training, and mentoring. Participate, as appropriate, directly on project teams.
- Participate in pre-proposal discussions and in bid defense meetings with potential clients and present Phase IV and HEOR research capabilities as well as program strategies and considerations
- Review and approve time, cost and resource assumptions for HEOR proposals
- Manage HEOR team resources including headcount needs proactively
- Participate in key business generation and marketing activities, including speaking engagements and the development of relevant industry publications
- Provide input and leadership for Phase IV initiatives, such as those related to work processes, managing growth, and the development of the Phase IV group
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of industry/EU regulatory issues that may impact planning for and implementation of HEOR programs
*Note: Travel required; up to 25% at times. International Travel
is occasionally required.
- Twelve years’ relevant industry experience
- Consulting experience and demonstrated client service and business generation abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse and growing employee population
- Strong network in the HEOR market place
- Master’s Degree
This position, Executive Director of Health Economics & Outcomes Research - US or European Based - Exclusive, was posted on May 11, 2011. The employer is Hays. Since this job has been published, it has been viewed 450 times.
This job was posted 30+ days ago, and has expired.