Requisition Number: URS58136
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Electrical
Job Title : Principal Electrical Engineer
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: We are looking for a candidate with significant management experience in project and design management of high voltage projects including feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, site supervision, testing and acceptance, etc.
You will ideally have experience leading and managing a small team of electrical engineers and experience in generation and control systems and instrumentation would be an advantage. Experience of working with National Grid is preferred.
Job Description: URS is one of the world’s leading engineering and environmental consultants, offering professional planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction and programme and Construction Management
services throughout the UK and internationally. We are currently looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer (T&D) to join our power team in Bristol.
Our expertise covers the whole range of power sector projects including; thermal, hydro, renewable energy, and transmission and distribution systems. URS' transmission and distribution expertise covers all levels of voltage to 500KV. We have projects running in many locations including United Kingdom, Ireland, Oman, Qatar, Pakistan and Nigeria. The majority of our work is acting for large utilities and global power developers, our clients include GdF/International Power, EirGrid, Vattenfall Wind Power, Centrica, Oman Power and Water Co, Qatar Electricity and Water Co, Nigerian Government.
Reporting to the Head of Energy & Power, as a Principal Engineer you will undertake design and design review, supervision and management of a wide range of projects within the transmission and distribution sector in the UK and overseas. Direct experience of engineering substation projects at 220kV/400kV is essential, while experience of Transmission Line Design
is desirable. Experience of the Electrical Engineering
for power stations would be an advantage.
You will work within project teams, either leading those teams or contributing your discipline capability, in a flexible manner. This role will see you provide your high voltage engineering expertise to the broader team and may also include participation in our own tenders for work and acting in a “seller/doer” capacity, in this respect you will play an active role in developing the business in the UK and international market. This position is located in Bristol but there is a clear requirement to be able to travel freely and flexibly both within the UK and internationally.
• You are a Chartered Engineer (preferred) with relevant degree qualifications in Electrical Engineering.
• You are experienced in project management and/or design management of large scale transmission projects, or substantial elements of such projects, including feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, design review, project and Contract Administration
, planning, site supervision, testing and acceptance.
• You have detailed experience in one or more of the following; GIS substation design, protection and control, overhead transmission line design and routing, high voltage cables, high voltage DC systems, off-shore electrical services.
• You are able to demonstrate the ability to deliver the highest quality work across a broad range of projects
• You are able to travel internationally
• You are a UK resident or permitted to work within the UK and are fluent in written and spoken English
• You have a high level personal career motivation and desire to deliver the best project for the Client
URS is a growing and vibrant organisation offering excellent benefits and employment conditions. We are committed to your individual career development and are proud to be able to offer a range of exciting projects as well as a variety of career directions for all our staff.
This position, Principal Electrical Engineer Job (Bristol, BRISTOL, UK), was posted on April 17, 2012. The employer is Centrica. Since this job has been published, it has been viewed 202 times.
This job was posted 30+ days ago, and has expired.